Purchasing Office Cubicles
After getting an office space, the next step is to start the process of purchasing office cubicles. The first action to undertake is; coming up with a floor plan. To make the plan easier and quicker to implement, measure the dimensions and layout of the space.
In case you don’t have a floor plan, No worry! Our office designers are very skilled in planning office space and will offer the service for free.
Regarding the layout of doors and windows, one is required to have a Blueprint, an Architectural or AutoCAD drawing.
When planning your office space, there are important factors to oversee that helps you create an efficient office. These are as follows:
• Number of workers & development capability – it is wise to consider the number of workers that will occupy the office but at the same time also look into the business growth capability.
• Business requirements – Depending on the types of jobs your employees will handle, consider that while planning the office space.
• Statutory needs – ensure you plan the office space within the rules and regulations of the law.
• Industry level – the industry culture and standards can help you to create the right space.
• Greeting, meeting and staff area – an area should be set aside for other significant business operations such meeting and lobby areas.
• Section & employee structure – with different flow of information in a company, the space should be planned to allow easy workflow from one department to another.
One of the key aspects when it comes to purchasing office cubicles for your office is the size and configuration. If you are choosing the compact size, this is an easier situation as the normal dimensions are 3×4. The wall height will be determined by the area you are creating. Higher walls bring about privacy while lower walls provide more room for interactions. Larger cubicles are mostly meant for managerial roles or areas.
When purchasing office cubicles, there are several styles of the stations to choose from as explained further below.
• Work surface alternatives – select from the cubicle work surface color choices that you’ve. The colors should blend well with the cubicle’s fabric walls.
• Fabric choices – with several fabric grades and colors to select, these set the color theme of your office
• Trim color – they include; metal shelving, metal supporting trim, plastic base kick plates and storage.
You need good storage options for your documents. Such examples include:
• File/File – The two drawer storage pedestal offers an area for workers to file documents and folders. The drawer has a lock where highly confidential and important files are kept securely.
• Box/Box/File – This is among the most applied storage pedestals in office work stations. They contain 2 box drawers and a filing bin. It also has a lock above the upper drawer that locks the whole storage pedestal.
• Two drawer lateral File – this is a bigger and larger choice for a 2 drawer filing storage pedestal. In most cases it is used for storage of mass document and several larger office supplies.
Shelving should be done properly. Here are some examples:
- Half-height shelf – this type of shelf is a lower side and also sits at a lower height in terms of where it is positioned on the cubicle. The shelf assists workers to keep clutter off their work area.
- Full-height shelf – this works great for storage of binders, folders or papers to help keep the staff’s work surface without any clutter.
- Binder Bin w/Lock – this kind of shelf works well for large item storage. The Binder bin shelf has an overhead locking door that is on a horizontal hinge opens upwards.
Choose a power option that is safe and secure for your environment when purchasing office cubicles.
• No feed – no feed is given when you don’t need power to the cubicles. It includes; outlets and wiring, though kick plates metal bases will still be applied to protect the cubicle base.
• Base feed – Opting for a base feed electrical choice gives hook up to a wall or floor-outlet. Here, the wires are run behind kick plates and metal bases giving electrical outlets.
• Power pole or Ceiling feed – selecting a ceiling feed choice uses a power pole to give electric. The hollow metal compartment is the power hole that runs through a drop ceiling and hooks into the base of the cubicle.